Thursday, October 11, 2012

The US Postal Service Remix Audio

Rationale: I imagined a new reality TV show that captured mail "people" doing their daily work.  My job was to make the mundane sound really exciting.  Don't know if I succeeded...I think most people hate the sound of their own voice! I certainly do.  Oh, and I messed up a little in the beginning, but it's still a decent recording.  

The US Postal Service<------------Click the Link for Audio

In a world where the flow of
information is inevitable as it is infinite,
we cautiously tip-toe into the lives of the United States
Postal Service men and women, individuals who
risk their lives providing our crucial information:
bills, jury duty, taxes, and unexpected fees that
you already paid.

Starting this Halloween, dive into a world of mass chaos, the shuffling of countless trivial
pieces of ads, furniture sales, coupons, and pre-approved credit card applications;
because it is our postal service men and women that are on
the frontlines of our American landscapes, linking our dull lives to
those special moments of wonder and anticipation.

So join us...now.... follow them... in their short shorts,
safari hats, and perfectly pressed blue collared shirts, to
the majestic suburbs, teeming with wide-eyed neighbors who march on towards their edict-riddled white envelopes, “OPEN IMMEDIATELY”


You won’t want to miss this season, starting on Halloween and ending with
the season finale on Christmas day.

Enter a world unforgettable, the people indelible.
The U.S. Postal Service: keeping your life in kilter with each afternoon delivery.



2 comments:

  1. This was really interesting! I would love to use this for an assignment with my dystopia/utopia unit where students create "their world" and go into detail with the voiceover. I love that this started as a promo for a reality tv ad. I think it really works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lindsay. As propaganda, or just an example of grandiloquence, it works. I think students could probably come up with some pretty good texts as they look to pump something that's not usually seen as so. Thanks for tackling one of the options that no one else chose!

    ReplyDelete